Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Even more Stones and Ambrosia

Really pressed for time, I need to go run some errands, but here are two quickies for today.
Both of these are one file ripped from my tape collection.

First is a decent Stones show, San Diego 11-10-69. Real similar to that more famous (or infamous) show that made major headlines.

Set list:Carol/Sympathy/Prodigal Son/You Gotta Move/Under My Thumb/Live With Me/Little Queenie/Satisfaction/Honky Tonk Woman/Street Fightin' Man

http://rapidshare.de/files/21835916/R_S_-_S_Di_111069.rar


Ambrosia - Syria Mosque Pittsburgh Pa 10-31-76. The show I got from a guy I used to trade tapes with in Pittsburgh and he had it listed as Stanley Theater (hence the titles etc) but it is a radio broadcast from that they opened for Kansas and sounds excellent. No set list sorry, if anyone has it please......

http://rapidshare.de/files/21834543/a-st_103176.rar

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ambrosia
correct date 10-30-76 live on WDVE
PRRP018- KANSAS (With Special Guests Ambrosia)
"MAYHEM SYMPHONY" - bootleg
October 30, 1976 (Syria Mosque - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
although I didn't DL this the setlist should be.
Make Us All Aware (6:30)
Can't Let A Women (6:38)
Holdin' On To Yesterday (6:12)
I Wanna Know (7:45)
World Leave Me Alone (4:33)
Many torrents of the whole show still seeding out there

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

I got a long time ago, but I checked on the web several different sources listed it as 10-31 (as well as the original tape trader I got it from, but it was listed as Stanley Theater so the date could be wrong too). Oh well it's only music, I always leave myself open to be wrong. One day ain't too bad!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rar file decodes to a single MP3 file about 23:14 long - no individual tracking. I think it starts with 'Can't let a Woman' so 'Make Us All Aware' is AWOL maybe....
A million thanks for loading this one up! I can't believe how tight these guys were onstage - the vocal harmonies & guitar are blowin' me away.
Very, Very Cool!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Time traveller the bootleg I list is th show.) If you have an incomplete tape, vinyl or cd you should mention it.
The exact date of this performance is still in question. During the interview a reference is made to Halloween. As the show likely finished after midnight this would give the date as October 30th. Other sources argue that the masks warn on stage were, in part, motivated by the fact that the concert was occurring on October 31st. go here for the complete show info and artwork. http://prrp-music.com/info018.htm
so post the whole show next time

Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

I am responding to this on the blog.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger JeansMusicBlog said...

Timetraveller, it must become a very nice day.
Just listened to Elton John -Goodbye Yellow Brick Road while getting your Rolling Stones show.

Read this BLog and your remarks.
TT, it makes sense. Don't bother, do what you like to do.
Thanks for this Stones, it's great !!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 6:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home