Sunday, February 25, 2007

Two more diverse out of print albums

First up another tasty slice of NWOBHM. It's Blitzkreig's A Time of Changes. These guys were a big influence on early Metallica and myself! One of the coolest bands to come out of the movement and unfortunetly one of the casualties of the same, these guys were ahead of their time. This one is brilliant, folks, so grab it!!


I never actually saw the original album cover, when I first had the album it was a tape dubbed for me by a friend with the original eight track version. This is the 9 track expanded version from Japan, I believe, so I included a couple different covers, but I don't know for sure if either are the correct originals. Kit or one of you diehard NWOBHM-heads will probably know. I just dig the music folks.









http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZUJZFRH


















And my final album for this post, another "crossover" album on the Death label from '85. This is the Ugly Americans 2nd release, an EP/LP (ep length but sold at full price by greedy record label!!) called Who's Been Sleeping...In My Bed? This band had connections to Corrosion of Conformity by way of lead singer Simon Bob Sinister. He only sang on C.O.C's Technocracy EP and C.O.C. re-recorded most tracks and re-released them, some as the 6 Songs With Mike Singing EP and others on compilations and stuff. So the verdict is out on Simon Bob's time in the band. But both bands were spearheads of the crossover scene and both were from North Carolina (both also recorded for Metal Blade's spinoff crossover label Death for periods of time). Corrison as some of you know evolved into a top notch hard rock band beginning with 1991's Blind. They combined that hard rock with boogie, a tiny hint of southern rock and (at least to my ears) a Thin Lizzy vibe that really smoked. But in the 80's they were a crossover band with hardcore punk tendencies. But this post is supposted to be about Ugly Americans, you might say, and all I can say is, there ain't a whole of info about these guys because they weren't around very long, but this album has a lot going for it, even a hard rockin' surf tune (Graveyard Beach--an instrumental). But Simon Bob's sing-talk style is an aquired taste and if you can get past it and the corny jokes about racism and the bad Elvis impersonation at the end of "I Love My Mom" you'll find some decent rockin' tunes in them thar grooves.



http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YGVJ5XU4

or

http://depositfiles.com/en/rmv/6544581475347645

Well that's all from me tonight, short and sweet, the way I like it. But Kit has a good post lined up for you and over at time traveller there will be some more hard rock gems that the Nordic winds blew my way.

Take it easy and keep those requests comin'!!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some more requests:

Skyband - s/t ('75)
Heavy Metal Army – 1 ('82)
Prism - s/t ('77)
Driver - No Accident ('77)
Point Blank – Airplay ('79)
Point Blank - The Hard Way ('80)
Union - On Strike ('81)
Crossrode - s/t ('80)

Thanx!!

Monday, February 26, 2007 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Residentevil2 said...

Thanks great stuff and I second cosmowombo on:
Driver
Point Blank
Also looking for
URSA MAJOR

Monday, February 26, 2007 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Javier Salaverry said...

Would it be possible to upload again Ugly Americans but through rapidshare or gigasize? It seems that megaupload is not working properly and I can't download without a premium account.
Thanks a lot!

Monday, February 26, 2007 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

I can do it through deposit files. Will that help?

TT-

Monday, February 26, 2007 5:35:00 PM  
Blogger Javier Salaverry said...

Of course! Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Monday, February 26, 2007 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

Deposit files link posted for you.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:28:00 AM  
Blogger Javier Salaverry said...

Thank you!!!

Thursday, March 01, 2007 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

Oops! I accidentally posted the delete link. I will have to upload it again.

Yes I am a dumbass!

Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home