Sunday, July 22, 2007

3 of many requests, late as usual!!

I guess I'll start with the most difficult to describe, the 1986 LP from Dwarr entitled Animals. It sounds like nothing I've ever heard before or since. Experimental psych metal? Progressive alternative metal? I'm at a loss. Basically the creation of one Duane Warr, who does all instruments and vocals (Ray Sparks is listed as "session percussionist"), this stuff is otherworldly as it gets. I saw it described on a site as outsider metal. I guess that would sum it up pretty good.

Read a decent review here:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/rev/dwarr2.htm

And download the trip here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=63N21MQW







Next up, Future Tense with their Condemned to the Gallow EP. This one I would describe as pretty much by the book speed metal. Which is not a bad thing. This one was ripped from vinyl, and although whoever did the rip had a loose ground wire (only audible during very quiet passages) still sounds pretty good. If you are a vinyl lover you'll dig it, if not surf over to Future Tense's website, as the band has remastered it and reissued it along with the album that preceeded it.



http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38ZIUGJG










And finally here is the Devil Childe mini LP. Seven tracks, several different influences (title song:Iron Maiden, Thru the Shadow:Motley Crue, Grave Robber:Black Sabbath and so on). This was a low budget anonymous side project of Virgin Steele's Jack Starr and Joe Hasselvander of Pentegram and later period Raven fame.





http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G8LYFOC2




That's all for now. I've got some more requests coming and a post over at the other blog soon.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Future Tense is great. But it could be a little louder.

Kosmonaut

Sunday, July 22, 2007 2:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Bryon, looking forward to getting aquainted with Dwarr & Devil Childe.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger Time Traveller said...

Anon--The Future Tense isn't my rip, and it's the only time I'd ever seen it available, so I grabbed it. The band does have it available for sale on their website, so I wouldn't post a 320k rip of it here anyways.



And Kit, hope you like 'em. 2 very diverse albums to be sure. Sorry it took so long.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 3:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, thanks a lot!

Monday, July 23, 2007 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger Javier Salaverry said...

Oh no... Megaupload is a real pain in the ass!!! Never has available slots for downloading, so I guess I can't download this great stuff... Please come back to rapidshare!

Cheers

Monday, July 23, 2007 12:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been over here in quite some time. I got to looking and D/L a bunch of NWOBHM, mostly 7"'s. I'm going to make a comp. I just started on cd5 and I wanted to THANK YOU, TT & Bigfoot. Without you guys none of this would be possible. Thanks for your time and hard work. You guys rock. \m/

...any change you could upload:
Sweet Savage-Take No Prisoners 7"
Trespass-One Of These Days 7"

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse my typo. That's any chance you could upload.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Devil Childe!!! Hell yeah, reminds me sometimes of Ample Destruction by Jag Panzer.

Dwarr, strange stuff, but I like it!

Thanks for everything!
Great blog,
Danny

Friday, July 27, 2007 5:17:00 AM  
Blogger dan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, July 13, 2009 3:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home