Thursday, June 01, 2006

An explanation---please read.

The following doesn't apply to the majority of you, but those it does apply will know it.

When I decided to start a second blog, to share some live music that I have been collecting since about 1989, I never realized I would piss so many people off. I am considering saying the hell with it and just posting an occasional live show on my original blog. I don't need this bullshit.

Since I started doing this I have been accused of "stealing" shows from other downloaders (nothing could be further from the truth, I have thousands of tapes of live and outtake material, and I'm sure some of it is going to duplicate what other folks have, and stealing would imply that someone else is paying for it, which also is bull). I get bitched at for posting the wrong setlist, show date, not saying whether or not the show is complete, if songs are missing, you name it, I've gotten ragged on for it.

I did not realise I was required to do all the above mentioned things. I decided to merely rip some boots I have in my collection, AS IS, and post them. If someone would like to have them, take them, free, I ask nothing except maybe a click on an ad to help my family out a bit for the 5 or 6 hours time I spend utilizing my time to do so. Most folks can't even be bothered to do that (and to those who do, thank you!!!). And I have people (99% anon of course) dictating how I ought to be doing things. If you don't like it, NOBODY is making you download it. If you can find it in better quality elsewhere, go get it. There is no one twisting your arm telling you you have to live with my inferior bullshit copy. Maybe my version is incomplete, if I KNOW it's incomplete, I will tell you, if I don't how am I supposed to tell you something I don't know. (Common sense would be if it's less than an hour and half for a headliner, it's probably incomplete, if it's less than 30 minutes and it's a guest act or opening act-it's probably incomplete). If I ask for any info on a show, and you want to volunteer the info, I appreciate it. But does it have to so damn condescending (how dare I post a fucking show without being a goddamned expert about it).

In the future, should I decide to continue doing this, I will continue doing this my way, which is to give you what I have (and I do try to get some additional info when I have nothing on it, but I will not spend two hours until I find the defining source for each item I post here) . I care about the music, not if Bob Buffoon had a headcold on that night and was replaced by Jim Jackoff for two songs at the end. What info I have I will give, that is all. I have a life away from this computer.

If this doesn't satisfy some of you, then please just stop coming here. I wouldn't want you to have a coronary because I can't be bothered to get everything right all the time.

Christ, it's only fucking music. I love music dearly, but some things are just more important.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't let the bastards grind ya down!!!

thanks for sharing great music (fastway, thin lizzy, ..)

Olivier from France

Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!


Peter

Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your great live post
Just one more thing;
GO ON

Gilles From France

Thursday, June 01, 2006 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger Side3 said...

Screw 'em...thanks for the music!

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't let the assholes get you down. Thnaks alot for some great music!

Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, ace! You got a legion of fans behind ya!

Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do people want?? Bootlegs,roio's, are and have always been as is.
And with so many people uploading various copies of the same show there are bound to be differences. If they don't like it screw them I to have many many cassettes, reels, and yes *tracks +cd's of live shows that have come by hard to get and double checking for acuracy. If it is missing a song, due to uploading that is different but if your/mine copy has a different track list so be it. THANX FOR THE GREAT TUNES THAT YOU'VE SHARED...

Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just cant'understand those people pissing off those who just love free music and share it with others... Makes me sad to hear that some people just can't say "Thanks for your free gift"...If they don't like it, they don't have to come - internet is big enough to go somewhere else...
So, I'm gonna say it "Thanks, thanks and thanks again for sharing your music with us ! I love your site" Please go on and just send the nasty comments to the dustbin, the only place they deserve to be.

Derek from Paris

Friday, June 02, 2006 3:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryon, you do a wonderful job with both of your blogs - donĀ“t let them get you down!!

Friday, June 02, 2006 4:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man, don't get so up tight about some little piss ants - you know we all appreciate rock n roll with you!

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your site just recently through Culpa and I just read your "rant".

You are now a full fledged member of the "no good deed goes unpunished" club.

Like most most of the other posts have said, thanks for sharing all the great stuff. I appreciate your efforts. You've posted for a variety of tastes, I'm a Rolling Stones fan myself.

Friday, June 02, 2006 9:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi....i consider you a friend because after having a hard day,i see a show that i thought i'd never see.but,the likes of someone with the love of music.it gives me a chance to slip away and just enjoy.and i thank you,and don't ever stop. keep it coming! a rocking electrician from philly........................go phillies!

Saturday, June 03, 2006 6:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH AND GOOD FOR YOU. YOU GIVE 'EM HELL. If they don't like the music they can F.O. Thanks for all of your hard work and effort.

Richard
USA

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work and make us,
the good guys and girls, happy with
your great postings!

Monday, June 19, 2006 2:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New to the Blog Block and was just browsing and found this release of pent up steam.Was impressed!
Can't even remember what live was to share but do know that it is bad manners to take from someone and then be critical.
Funny thing is I was directed to Blogging from a music lover who was tired of being dogged when uploading torrents.As a boy I was taught that rsouls point down but we now know that they mainly stand out and are not so desirable, especially from the comfort of there own hand blown computer desk.

Feral from Australia
( maybe I'll download something later, I'm sure I can without bitching)

Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 000 000 X THANX!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you, thanks for the site

Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't listen to fools, the mob rules. Like you say it's only music fer christ sake! Take your beef and showe it! Lasse

Friday, December 08, 2006 4:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guy
You're doing a great job and it's appreciated . F##k the whingers, they're probably freeloading off everyone else & whingeing to them as well LOL. You can bet they probably give nothing back. Bit like the leeches on WinMx - I used to log on & get 'em all trying to d/l & sharing nuthin.
My great thanks to you for providing some of the rare & obscure stuff I've been after for ages.
Steve from England

Saturday, October 20, 2007 5:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home